ANTI-$200 DATES – CHEAP SUMMER DATE IDEAS IN NYC
If you’re not familiar with Twitter’s trending topics, one of the most popular of them is the ongoing debate about $200 dates. Some men and women defend $200 as the sum of one night out because they are ‘worth it’, while the overall consensus is…$200 is way too much money to be spent on a date.
Summer is here, and if you’re still partaking in cuffing season, or just need a cool date spot that’s not going to leave a burning hole in your pocket, check out these AFFORDABLE NYC hangouts:
- My most recent date consisted of a picnic in East River State Park. Pick up some snacks and watch the sunset on a blanket. Bliss. Also try Washington Heights’ Fort Tryon Park.
- Have a drink and old fashioned fun. Battle the arcardes at Barcade or get your Forest Gump on at the ping pong tables atSPiN NYC.
- A new or classic flick at the park…for free…with a beautiful cityscape as a backdrop? Yesssss. Check out Summer movies in NYC for a listing of this summer’s park screenings.
- Dare to put your phones down and have a disposable camera day. Develop your photos at the end of the day and flip through them over some delicious gelato. Dessert à la mode, anyone? :)
- Get hot and steamy…in the kitchen that is. Take a Couples cooking class.
- Bring your own booze. Bring your own babe. Check out the increasingly popular BYOB Paint class and create a masterpiece.
- Hold hands, have a long conversation and take a cool stroll along The Highline.
- Have a “Notebook” moment. No…not when they’re running in the rain. Take a boat out for a ride in Central Park.
- Or take a bigger boat…ahem, I mean cruise…along The Hudson. Grab a drink along The Circle Line or the Staten Island Ferry.
- Get your two step on outside of the club. NYC in the summer means free concerts in the park. Check out Central Park’s Summerstage.
Happy dating – xoxo.