DELICIOUSLY EASY BAKED AVOCADO FRIES
FRIES BEFORE GUYS!…Avocado fries that is.
I hope everyone had an awesome Super Bowl Sunday. We didn’t have much of a “party” at my house, but if it’s an excuse to eat, WE’RE CELEBRATING. I have this tasty finger food at one of my favorite dive bars all the time and can’t believe most people don’t know it even exists. Who could resist a combo of two of the best foods in the world - fries and avocado. Here are the SUPER EASY steps to making this delicious, healthy appetizer.
I used 5 small avocados because my supermarket didn’t have large ones. (And they had a 10 for $10 on sale on avocados. Go figure.)
1. Preheat the oven at 425 degrees and set aside a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
2. Slice the avocados in half, remove the pit and then slice the halves into 1 inch wedges. (Think potato wedges, except WAY more delish.)
3. In a medium bowl, mix a cup of panko bread crumbs, Adobo and a pinch of seasoning. I chose garlic & herb, but you can opt for something spicier like cayenne or chipotle for a Mexican twist.
4. Dip the avocado wedges in the egg white, then coat them in the bread crumb mixture and place them on the baking sheet.
5. Bake them for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. (You can also fry them for extra crispiness, but lets stick to our New Year’s resolutions, people!)
The avocado fries go great with spicy ranch dip. I took the lazy way out and bought Kraft’s Buffalo Ranch Dressing, but if you have your own dip recipe please do share! Amazing pairing.
Super easy. SUPER delicious. Enjoy!